Potential scope of work for Scholars
During the 10-12 hours each week, duties of each Global Health Equity Scholars will be tailored to the need of each thematic area and the skill sets or strengths of the selected scholars. Tasks will include some of the following:
- Assist Alliance thematic leaders with research projects, program development, implementation, monitoring, and output tracking
- Provide technical assistance on and support the development of communities of practice or collaboratories dedicated to specific global health challenge areas.
- Identify significant challenges to global health equity by crowdsourcing ideas and helping to frame how we might tackle these challenges.
- Support development of a workshop series facilitating the community of faculty and students innovating to advance health equity across the University.
- Support “problem smashing sessions” which aim to bring together faculty, staff, and students across the University, together with outside experts and partners, for events in order to develop innovative solutions to global health equity challenges.
- Develop briefings, reviews, stay on top of the literature, and constantly synthesize new information and developments in the field.
- Assist in building an array of services to support the innovation ecosystem for those engaged in health equity-oriented research, policy and interventions.
- Assist the thematic leads and communications team with strategic communications:
- To promote the Initiative’s grant competitions, events and programs across JHU divisions
- By supporting content development (e.g. articles, announcements, digital media) for the community of practice platform and Alliance website
- Identity and develop other convening or capstone events for students and faculty.
- Encourage activities advancing health equity across existing student groups and examine the feasibility of a leadership council of student leaders engaged in such activities.
The Application Process
8-10 Global Health Equity Scholars are recruited once each year. Applications from students across the various university divisions are reviewed by a selection team to gather the most suitably qualified Scholars.
For best consideration, please submit applications by 11:59 PM on MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 18th, 2017
The GHES application gauges your interest in health equity, your potential contribution to the Alliance and its benefit to you.
- Use the link below to complete the GHES Application Survey. Please note, you'll need to sign into a Google/Gmail account.
After you have completed the online survey, please email us the following required documents:
- Resume or CV
- academic transcript
- 1-2 references (name and contact details).
Please title your CV and Transcript following the format "Lastname_Firstname_CV" and "Lastname_Firstname_Transcript".